(Chairman of the LDS-BPA)
“Over the years I have found that making good decisions is greatly dependent on our knowledge and understanding. I have read pretty extensively but here are the books that I have found encapsulate a broad foundational framework of knowledge and understanding that will positively influence your career and future.
Start with Business/Career Understanding
- Personal development No: 2, followed by
- Personal development No: 7 and then,
- Understanding economics No: 2.
Investing the time needed to ingest this sort of information will pay compounded dividends for the rest of your life.
For Personal Development:
- The Go-Giver – Bob Burg and John David Mann
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People – Stephen Covey
- 8th Habit, From Effectiveness to Greatness – Stephen Covey
- The Greatest Salesman in the World – Og Mandino
- The Richest Man in Babylon, Success Secrets of the Ancients – George S. Clason
- The Millionaire Next Door – Thomas J. Stanley and William D. Danko
- How to win Friends and Influence People – Dale Carnegie
For Business/Career Understanding:
- Great Work Great Career, How to Create Your Ultimate Job and Make an Extraordinary Contribution – Stephen R. Covey and Jennifer Colosmo
- Rich Dad Poor Dad – Robert Kiyosaki
- The E-Myth Revisited, Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About it – Michael E. Gerber
- Good to Great – Jim Collins
- The Art of the Start – Guy Kawasaki
For understanding economics and the socio-political environment we live and work in.
(Why some people, some companies, some political / economic systems and ultimately some countries succeed and others don’t)
- Free to Choose – Milton Friedman
- Unlimited Wealth – Paul Zane Pilzer
- Why Nations Fail – Acemoglu and Robinson